The APVSG04-X is a multi-output version of an ultra-fast-switching vector signal generator, covering a continuous frequency range from 10 MHz to 4 (optionally 6) GHz. The APVSG04-X enables outstanding ultra-fast phase-synchronous frequency sweeps, chirping, intra-pulse modulations, pulse shaping, all with very low phase noise. For each output, a high performance internal I/Q modulator enables independant customized modulation waveforms and supports dedicated modulation schemes. The device can be easily controlled remotely accessed via Ethernet and USB using standard SCPI command language. A PC based graphical user interface (GUI) is supplied to control the device and provide a easy-to-use interface for uploading pre-calculated IQ data files. The GUI supports various file formats including a propriatary IQ data file format.
The APVSG-X with 1, 2, 3 or 4 channels is mounted in a 19‘‘ 1U enclosure (426 x 460 x 43 mm [16.8 x 18.1 x 1.7 in], 10 kg).
The key features are:
- high RF signal bandwidth: using a dual, arbitrary waveform generator operating at 500 MHz for I/Q signal generation. The generator has built-in support for the common vector modulation schemes and it provides direct support for the controlled injection of additive white Gaussian noise (AWGN) into the signal path.
- outstanding signal purity of modulated signals: lowest phase noise (-145 dBc/Hz at 1 GHz and 20 kHz offset), low spurious and excellent harmonic rejection
- excellent EVM and ACPR performance
- full set of built-in analog modulations like AM, FM, PM, Pulse
- ultra-narrow pulse trains (< 5 ns), linear and non-linear pulsed frequency chirps
- built-in digital modulation schemes like FSK, PSK, ASK, QAM
- ultra-fast hopping and sweeping capability (update frequency, power and phase in below 200 ns)
- powerful trigger system including multiple markers and input triggers.
- fast control port (FCP) (parallel BCD interface) for fast external signal control
- security: external microSD available
The applications include:
- compact ultra-high performance vector signal generator IQ data streaming
- phase coherent independantly programmable multi output configurations for phase array and antenna beamforming
- simulation of complex signal environments for radar, electronic warefare (EW) and antenna tests
The APVSG is designed for high reliability and fast, easy calibration, service, and repair. The modular system assembly simplifies repair and guearantees low maintainance costs.