The APVSG is an ultra-fast-switching vector-modulated signal source, covering a continuous frequency range with models 100 kHz to 40 GHz. The standard APVSG enables outstanding ultra-fast CW frequency sweeping, chirping, intra-pulse modulation, pulse shaping, all with very low phase noise. A high performance internal I/Q modulator enables customized modulation waveforms and supports dedicated modulation schemes, including avionics modulation like (VOR/ILS, MODE S or DME). The device can be easily controlled by the built-in touch-display or remotely accessed via Ethernet and USB using standard SCPI command language. A PC graphical user interface (GUI) is supplied to control the device and provide a easy-to-use interface for uploading pre-calculated IQ data files. The GUI supports various file formats.
The key features are:
- high RF signal bandwidth: using a dual, arbitrary waveform generator operating at 500 MHz for I/Q signal generation. The generator has built-in support for the common vector modulation schemes and it provides direct support for the controlled injection of additive white Gaussian noise (AWGN) into the signal path.
- outstanding signal purity of modulated signals: lowest phase noise (-145 dBc/Hz at 1 GHz and 20 kHz offset), low spurious and excellent harmonic rejection
- excellent EVM and ACPR performance
- full set of built-in analog modulations like AM, FM, PM, Pulse
- ultra-narrow pulse trains (< 5 ns), linear and non-linear pulsed frequency chirps
- built-in digital modulation schemes like FSK, PSK, ASK, QAM
- ultra-fast hopping and sweeping capability (update frequency, power and phase in below 200 ns)
- powerful trigger system including multiple markers and input triggers.
- fast control port (FCP) (parallel BCD interface) for fast external signal control
- security: external microSD available
The applications include:
- compact ultra-high performance vector signal generator IQ data streaming
- phase coherent independantly programmable multi output configurations for phase array and antenna beamforming
- simulation of complex signal environments for radar, electronic warefare (EW) and antenna tests
Now also available as multi-channel version APVSG-X with 1, 2, 3 or 4 channels mounted in a 19‘‘ 1HE enclosure (426 x 460 x 43 mm [16.8 x 18.1 x 1.7 in], 10 kg).