The APVSG is an ultra-fast-switching vector-modulated signal source, covering a continuous frequency range from 10 MHz to 40 GHz. The standard APVSG enables outstanding ultra-fast CW frequency sweeping, chirping, intra-pulse modulation, pulse shaping, all with very low phase noise. A high performance internal I/Q modulator enables customized modulation waveforms and supports dedicated modulation schemes, including avionics modulation like (VOR/ILS, MODE S or DME). The device can be easily controlled by the touch-display or remotely accessed via Ethernet and USB using standard SCPI command language. A PC graphical user interface (GUI) is supplied to control the device and provide an easy-to-use interface for uploading pre-calculated IQ data files. The GUI supports various file formats.
The key features are:
- High RF signal bandwidth: using a dual, arbitrary waveform generator operating at 500 MHz sampling rate for I/Q signal generation. The generator has built-in support for the common vector modulation schemes and it provides direct support for the controlled injection of additive white Gaussian noise (AWGN) into the signal path.
- Outstanding signal purity of modulated signals: lowest phase noise (-145 dBc/Hz at 1 GHz and 20 kHz offset), low spurious and excellent harmonic rejection
- Excellent EVM and ACPR performance
- Full set of built-in analog modulations like AM, FM, PM, Pulse
- Ultra-narrow pulse trains (< 5 ns), linear and non-linear pulsed frequency chirps
- Built-in digital modulation schemes like FSK, PSK, ASK, QAM
- Ultra-fast frequency hopping and sweeping capability (update frequency, power and phase in below 200 ns)
- Powerful trigger system including multiple markers and input triggers.
- Fast control port (FCP) (parallel BCD interface) for fast external signal control
- Security: external microSD available
The applications include:
- Compact ultra-high performance vector signal generator IQ data streaming
- Phase-coherent independantly programmable multi output configurations for phase array and antenna beamforming
- Simulation of complex signal environments for radar, electronic warfare (EW) and antenna tests